Forum migrated to phpBB - Forum migrato a phpBB

Everything else
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Forum migrated to phpBB - Forum migrato a phpBB

Post by voria »

I'm glad to announce that the forum has migrated to phpBB platform.
The migration process has gone well, however the users' accounts need to be reactivated following this link:

http://www.voria.org/forum/ucp.php?mode=sendpassword

A new password will be generated and sent to the email address provided at the registration time.
After logging in, it can be changed from your 'User Control Panel'.

At the moment there may be problems with users' permissions, broken links, etc. If you find anything that should be fixed, please let me know.

Thanks. :)

Sono lieto di annunciare che il forum è migrato a piattaforma phpBB.
Il processo è stato completato con successo, tuttavia gli account utenti devono essere riattivati seguendo questo link:

http://www.voria.org/forum/ucp.php?mode=sendpassword

Una nuova password sarà generata e verà inviata all'indirizzo email fornito durante la registrazione.
Dopo essersi loggati, è possibile cambiare la password dal 'Pannello di Controllo Utente'.

Al momento ci potrebbero essere problemi con i permessi utenti, link non funzionanti, ecc. Se qualcosa non funziona, fatemelo sapere.

Grazie. :)
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
ck_linx
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Forum migrated to phpBB platform

Post by ck_linx »

Why this choice?
gatos

Post by gatos »

ck_linx wrote:Why this choice?
Look nicer ;D
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

Yes, that's one reason :D

Another reason is that phpBB is a more complete and powerful platform compared to MyBB (well, just my opinion). It's more customizable, it has a lot more features from both the admin and user's point of views. It's simply more mature.

It was some time I was thinking about the switch. The problem was that more the forum was growing up, more difficult would be the migration.
Now, apart from some little fix that needs to be done, we have a platform that will last for a looooong time. :)
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!