natty 11 on my N210 JA02US

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
DustinBess

natty 11 on my N210 JA02US

Post by DustinBess »

Well i finally decided to upgrade from 10.10 ,so i did the upgrade from the update manager and i think somehow it go corrupted and i could not use my full key board .So i downloaded it from my main pc and did a fresh install .everything works awesome except...the backlight the FN keys are working but its still a dim screen unless im plugged in to outlet. can someone please walk me through on how to set the back light levels? im a total computer noob. thank you
phillord

Re: natty 11 on my N210 JA02US

Post by phillord »

DustinBess wrote:Well i finally decided to upgrade from 10.10 ,so i did the upgrade from the update manager and i think somehow it go corrupted and i could not use my full key board .So i downloaded it from my main pc and did a fresh install .everything works awesome except...the backlight the FN keys are working but its still a dim screen unless im plugged in to outlet. can someone please walk me through on how to set the back light levels? im a total computer noob. thank you

I get the same issue with my machine. Ironically, logging in, and then out again fixes it. The brightness keys now work. No idea at all why.

Phil
DustinBess

Re: natty 11 on my N210 JA02US

Post by DustinBess »

Problem Solved Turns out that the folder was missing and all i had to do was reinstall it ,lucky i have someone who lives near me who is a tech ,he heard from a friend that i was pulling my hair out trying to fix my netbook and showed me how free of charge .