Broken power management

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
jdk_

Broken power management

Post by jdk_ »

Hi

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 on my NC10. Everything had been working nicely, but recently I started noticing that power management is not working properly anymore. The problem is that the computer runs out of battery, without shuting down when the battery level is critical. Of course, this is extremely inconvenient.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe this is due to the kernel upgrade from 2.6.28-13 to -14. But I haven't actually tried to use -13 for a long time again --today when I run it wifi wouldn't work (it did work before the upgrade.)

Is anyone experiencing similar problems? Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks.
Last edited by jdk_ on 03 Aug 2009, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
kadrach

RE: Broken power management

Post by kadrach »

Is the acpi running at all?

Check for the kernel module and/or see if you have a /proc/acpi/dsdt
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

Check gnome-power-manager options through the 'gconf-editor' (in /apps/gnome-power-manager/), probably you have something misconfigured.
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
jdk_

Post by jdk_ »

Thank you for your replies. I have checked the things you mention. Everything looks OK.

I'll let the computer drain the battery sometime. I haven't done it for some time, so I don't know if things may be working after the recent updates.