Disable scroll area

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
whome

Disable scroll area

Post by whome »

Is it possible to disable the scroll area on the right side of the touchpad on the NC10?
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Disable scroll area

Post by voria »

Yes, go to 'System'->'Preferences'->'Mouse' and disable it.
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
whome

Post by whome »

But it doesn't work. At least not the way I like it to work.

I have three options for Scrolling: Disabled, Edge Scrolling and Two-finger scrolling.

My problem is that when I select two-finger scrolling the scroll area (at the right) is still working... I do not want to have both. I like to have two-finger scrolling ONLY.
OphiuchuS

Post by OphiuchuS »

Download and install gpointing-device-settings, you can disable the scrollbar and enable 2 finger scrolling (2 finger scrolling is not working on Kubuntu but give it a try anyway)
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

I've just tried to enable two finger scrolling on my NC10 through 'System'->'Preferences'->'Mouse', and the scroll area at the right is automatically disabled.
Please try to update at the latest synaptics version on my repo and try again (the new version disable circular scrolling by default, maybe it's the cause of your problem).
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
whome

Post by whome »

voRia wrote:Please try to update at the latest synaptics version on my repo and try again (the new version disable circular scrolling by default, maybe it's the cause of your problem).
Great! I downloaded it from your repo and now it works much better. :P