Usb mouse delay using battery

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
demian85

Usb mouse delay using battery

Post by demian85 »

When i use the laptop without ac power mouse works perfectly, but when using battery, after 5 seconds of inactivity or so, the mouse does not respond instantly, i have to move it like 5 seconds or so... it happened with a microsoft usb wireless and now i have a brand new logitech with usb nano receiver. same problem!
what can i do?
thanks.

pd: using ubuntu 10.10 on a Samsung R480 laptop.
Dimon8211

Re: Usb mouse delay using battery

Post by Dimon8211 »

As I understand no problem when laptop works from power supply? Try to delete /etc/pm/power.d/samsung-tools_usb-autosuspend file. It helped me with the same issue.

Best regards,
demian85

Post by demian85 »

seems it worked, but, what does this file do? and why there isn't any option to disable usb suspension?
Dimon8211

Post by Dimon8211 »

demian85 wrote:seems it worked, but, what does this file do? and why there isn't any option to disable usb suspension?
Looks like Voria included Usb-suspend function in Samsung tool for long battery life (there was thread somewhere here). But I have the same pbm as you with my usb mouse. I have to delete this file after each samsung-tools or kernel (not sure which one) update.

Best regards,
Woulouf
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Woulouf »

Same probleme here with a VX Nano.

Thanks for the tip :)
Samsung N150 powered by Voyager 12.04 (Xubuntu)
Brightness control issue with 12.04 LTS : look at this topic http://www.voria.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5753#p5753
montini

Post by montini »

so is samsung-tools going to be updated for natty (ubuntu 11.04)? I have the problem about USB mouse sleeping_each_2_seconds after suspend/resume cycle. I did

Code: Select all

sudo chmod -x /etc/pm/power.d/samsung-tools_usb-autosuspend
to make it not executable, but I want to know that my power resources are used optimally... Maybe there is an option to tweak that 2 seconds time to something more reasonable - let's say, 60 seconds? Where can I do that?
(using samsung n220)
LeeS

Post by LeeS »

montini wrote:Maybe there is an option to tweak that 2 seconds time to something more reasonable - let's say, 60 seconds? Where can I do that?
(using samsung n220)
Edit /etc/pm/power/d/samsung-tools_usb-autosuspend and change "2" in the line

Code: Select all

echo "2" > $i
to the number of seconds you want.