SAMUNG R510 - BIG PROBLEM WITH FN KEYS...

Discussions about Linux installation and configuration on Samsung laptops
cidde1976

SAMUNG R510 - BIG PROBLEM WITH FN KEYS...

Post by cidde1976 »

Hello everyone,
I installed Ubuntu 10.04 on my notebook samsung R510.
Unfortunately, the fn keys to adjust the brightness does not work.
I then tried using the repository Voria, adding packages samsung tools and samsung backlight, as indicated in the main post of this forum.
Immediately after installation and restart the adjustment of brightness with fn 5 works great, to my great joy.
This morning I went to turn on the notebook and, again, the fn keys does not work anymore.
I tried reinstalling the packages given above but nothing at all ... now do not go ...
Advice on this?
PS - I also tried with Ubuntu v 10.10 but in this case the two packages just do not bring any benefit.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!
cidde1976

Re: SAMUNG R510 - BIG PROBLEM WITH FN KEYS...

Post by cidde1976 »

cidde1976 wrote:Hello everyone,
I installed Ubuntu 10.04 on my notebook samsung R510.
Unfortunately, the fn keys to adjust the brightness does not work.
I then tried using the repository Voria, adding packages samsung tools and samsung backlight, as indicated in the main post of this forum.
Immediately after installation and restart the adjustment of brightness with fn 5 works great, to my great joy.
This morning I went to turn on the notebook and, again, the fn keys does not work anymore.
I tried reinstalling the packages given above but nothing at all ... now do not go ...
Advice on this?
PS - I also tried with Ubuntu v 10.10 but in this case the two packages just do not bring any benefit.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!
I've discovered thtat the reason of the problem above is that i've installed legacy drivers for my nvidia vga card...before everything was perfefct about brightness...any suggestions?
Woulouf
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Woulouf »

Hi cidde 1976,

could you give me which kernel you're running now ?

Howto :

Open console

type this :

Code: Select all

cat /proc/version
Samsung N150 powered by Voyager 12.04 (Xubuntu)
Brightness control issue with 12.04 LTS : look at this topic http://www.voria.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5753#p5753
gocen

Post by gocen »

hello, I have the same problem and my kernel is
Linux version 2.6.32-31-generic (buildd@uranium) (gcc version 4.4.3 (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) ) #62~ppa1~loms~lucid-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 21 23:45:58 UTC 2011
thanks to any help