http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37713

Thanks Voria for this tools :)
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Arch's PKGBUILD

Post by voria »

Thanks for you support! :)

Anyway, the current version of Samsung Tools (1.0.3) does not work correctly on other distro but ubuntu, and for this reason I did not make a PKGBUILD for archlinux.

The new Samsung Tools 1.1 (to-be-released in the next few days) fixes all the known issues and should work good on all the distros out there. :)

Infact, I already have a PKGBUILD ready for it and I'll post it here as soon as 1.1 is released, so you can merge the changes (the new version needs a daemon running at start in order to restore the initial status for devices, also there are some dependencies missing in your current PKGBUILD).
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
pastor

Post by pastor »

I make this PKGBUILD because it's work well on my Sams X120, running Arch and KDE4 :) Only one issue I have - can't turn on/off bluetooth.
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

You need to install the 'rfkill' utility to control bluetooth. ;)

The main problem with the current 'Samsung Tools' is that the system service uses absolute paths for the commands it needs, but some of these paths are different in archlinux (for instance, in ubuntu the 'lsmod' command line utility is located in /sbin/, in archlinux in /bin/).
Also, the 'laptop-mode' and 'kernel parameters' options don't work correctly in archlinux.

Anyway, everything will be fixed in the next version. ;)
Please consider a little donation to keep the 'Linux On My Samsung' project up and running. Thank you!
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

I've released samsung-tools 1.1. :)
Attached there is the PKGBUILD and other files ready to be uploaded on AUR. Please do it! ;)
pastor

Post by pastor »

Update in AUR
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

Thank you! ;)
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

New version released. ;)
pastor

Post by pastor »

Updated :)
voria
Administrator
Administrator

Post by voria »

Thanks ;)
Aakko

Post by Aakko »

I'am using Samsung-tools in Arch Linux. The command line tool works ok, but if I try to add the applet to my panel I get this error:

I'am using Xfce and it's XfApplet to add Gnome-applets to Xfce-panel, if that matters.
berzoid

Post by berzoid »

Some changes in arch caused samsung-tools to stop functioning correctly. module-init-tools was replaced by kmod and new versions of udev and mkinitcpio using kmod were pushed. This change was made in the official repositories, so it is likelly everyone using samsung-tools on arch will encounter this error on their next upgrade. The problem seems to be that keypresses are not getting picked up. I reported this error earlier on the package's AUR page
berzoid

Post by berzoid »

The problem was due to a bug in udev, and not in samsung-tools. A fixed version of udev was pushed, so samsung-tools works again.